1. We respect your privacy
1. 1. The DWS Group respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our employees, customers, contractors, directors and all other parties to which this policy applies. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
1. 2. “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
2. Collection of personal information
2. 1. The DWS Group will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter into our online systems and services or website. We may also store information provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
2. 2. We may collect information such as your name, phone number, address, email address and financial details. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, employment history, qualifications, professional memberships and nominated referees. Where necessary, we may also collect sensitive information. Examples include criminal record details, health information or immigration status.
2. 3. Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
3. How we collect your personal information
4. Use of your personal information
4. 1. The DWS Group may use the personal information we collect for the primary purpose for which it is collected, any other reasonable business-related purpose, or where we are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so.
4. 2. The DWS Group may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, SMS or mail.
5. Disclosure of your personal information
5. 1. We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, subcontractors or customers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information may be supplied to a third party where it is required for the delivery of our services.
5. 2. We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
5. 3. We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of the DWS Group, its customers, clients or third parties.
5. 4. Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
5. 5. If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
6. Security of your personal information
6. 1. DWS Group is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
7. Access to your personal information
7. 1. You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. 2. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
8. Complaints about privacy
8. 1. If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send details of your complaints to email@example.com . We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving notice of your complaint.
10. Website and Online Systems and Services
10. 1. When you come to our website or use our online systems and services, we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
10. 3. Our website or other DWS Group systems and services may from time to time have links to other websites, systems or services not owned or controlled by us. Links to third party websites, software or systems do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval. Please be aware that DWS Group is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such website, software or systems. We encourage our users to be aware and read the privacy statements of each and every website, piece of software or system that collects personal identifiable information.